Is there anything I need to do before I can play the game?
You must read and agree to the Terms and Conditions (available at: http://en.mcdonalds.fantasy.fifa.com/terms) as well as the prize descriptions (available at http://en.mcdonalds.fantasy.fifa.com/prizes/index).
Do I need to be a FIFA.com Club Member to play the game?
Yes. Signing up for the Club only takes a few minutes and is free. If you are not already a Club member sign up for the club here: www.fifa.com/theclub/registration
What are the entry dates for the game?
McDonald’s FIFA World Cup Fantasy runs from 13 May to 13 July 2014. You will be able to begin building your squad from 8 June onwards. but you may only score points once the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™ commences on 12 June 2014.
What age must I be to be able to play the game?
If you are under 14 years of age you must get parental permission before applying and participating in the Contest and adhering to the Terms and Conditions. Only persons 14 years of age or older will be eligible for the prize draw. In the event a person under the age of 18 but older than 14 wins a prize, the person’s participation in the Contest has to be confirmed and the prize (which, if it is the Grand Prize, may not be a vehicle) has to be accepted by his/her parent or legal guardian. Please see the Terms and Conditions for McDonald's FIFA World Cup™ Fantasy for more details.
How will I be informed if I win a prize?
Shortly after the conclusion of the contest, all winners will be notified by e-mail to the address which you provided to FIFA when you signed up to be a FIFA Club Member. .
How much does it cost to play game?
It is completely free to play. However, if you are a prize winner, you shall be responsible for any and all expenses, costs and fees (including any relevant taxes) associated with such a prize (including, to the extent applicable, transportation, acceptance and use thereof) and which are not expressly stipulated within the prize description. Upon fulfilling the prize, FIFA will be deemed to have awarded the prize to the winner and such winner assumes full responsibility for the prize. All prize details are at FIFA's sole discretion.
Do the players' values change?
No, not for the 2014 FIFA World Cup™ McDonald’s Fantasy game.
Is there a deadline for changing my line-up for the current round?
You can change players of your line-up of the current round as long as their team’s match of the current round has not started yet.
When can I sell/buy players via the transfer market?
The transfer market is open during the rest days of the 2014 FIFA World Cup™.
How many players can I buy/sell during the tournament?
You can replace as many players as you like as long as all squad conditions are met and you have the required money.
How do I see how many points my players have?
Go to “latest scores” to see how many points you have scored.
Is there anything else that I need to be aware of?
In the event it is determined that a winner:
• has not complied with these official rules or the official terms and conditions (as referenced above);
• has made any false statements; or
• a prize notification is returned as undeliverable;
then such a winner will be disqualified. Consequently, and at FIFA's sole discretion, the participant with the next highest score will be awarded the relevant prize.
Table of Contents
1. The Game
2. Your Squad
1. THE GAME
Putting together a squad from the best players at the 2014 FIFA World Cup™ takes skill, research and shrewdness. All managers start off equal, with a budget to spend on their Fantasy team. Balance that budget, make sure you have the stars that are sure to shine brightest and score you valuable points, but also, always make room for those potential surprises that could make all the difference.
You can still join the game after the tournament has started, but you will not score any points for past rounds that you have missed.
After your squad is complete, you must select 11 players for your line-up.
Players can only play in their designated position. For example, you can't play a designated defender as a midfielder or forward.
Players will be assigned a designated position for the duration of the fantasy game. The position they land up playing in an actual match at the 2014 FIFA World Cup is not relevant to the fantasy scoring. Fantasy points will be calculated based upon a player’s fixed fantasy position.
2. YOUR SQUAD
Have a look at the list of available players on the transfer market and set up your squad. It`s one squad per manager and multiple squads will be deleted.
You have an initial budget to set up your squad. You must have 23 players in your squad.
Squads must consist of at least:
• 3 Goalkeepers
• 7 Defenders
• 8 Midfielders
• 5 Forwards
You can have a maximum of three players from each individual national team. This limit is raised throughout the competition as teams are eliminated. The player limits are:
|Group Stage||3 players from the same team|
|Round of 16||5 players from the same team|
|Quarter-finals||5 players from the same team|
|Semi-finals||8 players from the same team|
|3rd place and Final||Unlimited|
From your squad you must select 11 players to form your starting team. Only starting players will earn points for your team.
Please note that your team and any changes you make will save automatically. There is no save button.
You can change every player in your line-up that has already played during the current round for any other relevant player in your squad that hasn’t already played. You can also change the captain as long as the new captain hasn’t already started to play.
For example if you have placed NEYMAR on Your Pitch and he did not perform as well as you expected after the first match you can replace him with a forward from your bench that hasn’t already played during the current round. You would lose the points from NEYMAR for the round but the new player might get more points.
If you don`t make any changes to your team the current team will continue to score points for you.
Please find a list of the rounds below:
|Round No.||Round Description||Date||Maximum players per country||Number of transfers|
|1||1st group phase||12-17 June (6d)||3||Initial squad|
|2||2nd group phase||17-22 June (6d)||3||0|
|3||3rd group phase||23-26 June (4d)||3||0|
|4||Round of 16||27 June-1 July (5d)||5||Unlimited|
|5||Quarter-finals||2-5 July (4d)||5||Unlimited|
|6||Semi-finals||6-9 July (4d)||8||Unlimited|
|7||3rd place and Final||10-13 July (4d)||Unlimited||Unlimited|
Once a round is over and points have been finalized (points will be finalized a few minutes after a round is completed), select the round from the dropdown box under “latest scores”. You can then see the points tally for that particular round.
You can modify your squad throughout the season in the transfer market. The transfer market is opened during the official rest days of the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™.
The values of players will NOT fluctuate in the 2014 FIFA World Cup™ McDonald’s Fantasy game.
Fantasy managers that finish in first, second and third position for a round will receive the respective round’s prize. (See the prizes page for full details). A manager can only win one (1) round prize for the duration of the game. If a manager who has already won a round prize finishes in the top 3 for another round they will be ineligible for that second prize and such a prize will be awarded to the next best manager in the rankings. A manager can, however, win both one round prize and one overall prize for McDonald's FIFA World Cup Fantasy.
Every manager goes into the overall league, but it's much more fun to take on your friends and colleagues in a mini-league. There is no limit to the number of mini-leagues you can join. You can allow anyone to join your mini-league, protect it with a password or only allow managers who support the same club to join in. Simply go to My Leagues and go through the process of either joining or creating a league. Please note however that the official prizes only apply to the official 2014 FIFA World Cup™ McDonald’s Fantasy game and not to the mini-leagues.
Every player receives points for what he does on the pitch, based on the statistic analysis of the match. Depending on their success, players will receive positive or sometimes even negative points. The following points are awarded during the evaluation:
|Playing 1-30 minutes***||1|
|Playing 31-60 minutes***||2|
|Every save/blocked shot****||1||2||2||2|
|Every 2 balls delivered into penalty area||1|
|Every 2 balls recovered||0||1||1||1|
|Every 3 fouls||-1|
|Every 2 goals conceded (Goalkeeper and Defender)****||-1||-1||0||0|
|Red card (straight red)||-3|
|Foul causing a penalty||-1|
BONUSES (are available only if a player plays more than 31 minutes)
|Save rate > 80 per cent||1|
|Passes completion > 80 per cent||1||1|
|Attempts rate> 80 per cent||1|
*An assist is awarded to a player who plays the final successful pass which leads to a goal. Please note that assists are not awarded to players who are fouled for free-kicks or penalties which lead to goals, for own goals or for goals which result from rebounds off other players or the woodwork.
**Clean sheet points will only be awarded to a player if the following two conditions are met: (1) their team doesn't concede a goal in the entire match and (2) the player plays more than 61 minutes*** of the match.
***Additional/Injury time in a match does not count towards a player's playing time
****Actions occurring in extra-time count towards player points. However, penalty shoot-outs have no effect on player points.
The fantasy manager who finishes in first place on the overall leaderboard for McDonald’s FIFA World Cup Fantasy at the end of the game will be declared the contest winner and win the Grand Prize.
There are also nine (9) runners-up prizes to be won. The fantasy managers that finish in second through tenth position on the overall leaderboard at the end of the game will receive the respective runner-up prizes.
There are also seven separate round prizes within the McDonald’s FIFA World Cup Fantasy game. The respective round winner will be the fantasy manager that finishes in first place on the respective round’s leaderboard at the conclusion of that respective round. Points will be finalized a few minutes after a round is completed. To view the round results, select the round from the dropdown box under “latest scores” once the round is over. Managers that finish in first, second and third place for each round will receive a round prize. (Please see the prizes page for full details). However, a fantasy manager can only win one (1) round prize for the duration of the game. In the event that a manager who has already won a round prize, finishes in the top 3 for another round, the prize will be awarded to the next best eligible fantasy manager.
A fantasy manager can win both one overall prize and one round prize for McDonald’s FIFA World Cup Fantasy. Please see the prizes page for full details.
TIES: In the event of a tie, the respective prize winner(s) will be decided by a random prize draw made from those tied entries. Such random prize draw shall be made by FIFA in its sole discretion and FIFA’s decision shall be final.
Terms and Conditions
1. When you enter and participate in McDonald's FIFA World Cup™ Fantasy (the "Contest"), you accept that you participate in the Contest in accordance with these terms and conditions (the "Terms and Conditions"), the Rules of the Contest (the "Rules") any other materials relating to the Contest published on FIFA's official website (the "Website") including without limitation the list of the prizes, and/or any instructions by Fédération Internationale de Football Association ("FIFA"). The Contest is organised by the Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA), FIFA-Strasse 20, P.O. Box, 8044 Zurich, Switzerland.
2. Every application to participate in the Contest must be made by a natural person (the "Participant" or the "Participants") on the official electronic application form. Applications must adhere to the required format. Entry and participation is free of charge.
3. Each entrant must ensure that his or her participation in the Contest is lawful in accordance with the laws of Switzerland and of the country of which he or she is a citizen and/or resides, and/or happens to be at the time the entry is made. FIFA shall not be taken to make any representations, express or implied, as to the lawfulness of any entrant's participation, or as to any other aspect of the Contest.
5. By submitting your application, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete and you acknowledge and agree to these Terms and Conditions. FIFA reserves the right to disqualify Participants who provide false data.
6. Only one application will be accepted per person.
7. There is no minimum age limit to be able to participate in the Contest. However, Participants under 14 years (“Minors”) of age as at the date of entry into the Contest must seek parental/legal guardian’s permission before participating in the Contest and adhering to the Terms and Conditions. Parents / legal guardians should ensure that they have read these terms and the Rules before granting their consent to allow a Participant under the age of 14 to participate in the Contest.
8. Although Participants may be of any age, subject to Term 13, only those persons 14 years of age or older will be eligible for the prize draw. In the event a person under the age of 18 but older than 14 wins a prize, that person’s participation in the Contest has to be confirmed and the prize has to be accepted by his/her parent or legal guardian. FIFA has the right in its sole discretion to amend or not to allocate a prize won by a Minor.
9. The computer record of the application will be considered as being the formal application. Any application not adhering to the above format, incorrect applications or incomplete applications will be deemed invalid. FIFA is not responsible for application information, or results lost or delayed in the course of transmission. All applications must be received prior to the deadlines as provided in the Rules.
10. FIFA reserves the right to refuse to accept application names that are considered by FIFA in its sole discretion to be inappropriate or offensive. Unsuitable names will be deleted and the application will appear under a default name chosen by FIFA. Please bear this in mind when you choose the name for your application.
11. All winners will be notified by e-mail (in the event that FIFA is not able to contact the winner by email FIFA shall be entitled to select an alternative Participant). Please refer to the Rules of the Contest for further information on winners criteria. No interest will be paid on any prize. Prizes may not be transferred without the prior written consent of FIFA. Participants cannot request a cash alternative or substitution of the prize. FIFA, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute a prize of greater or equal value in particular if any prize cannot be awarded as described due to unavailability.
12. Prizes referred to on the Contest website will only be attributed to Participants with legal residence/domicile in the following territories (the "Territory"): all countries whose football national association is a member of FIFA. These countries are listed on the Website.
13. In order to be eligible for the Grand Prize, a Participant must either: (a) have legal residence/domicile in one of the territories listed in Appendix 1; or (b) have legal residence/domicile in one of the territories listed here: http://store.fifa.com/where-we-ship.html. Any participant that does not fulfill one of these two criteria is ineligible for the Grand Prize but may win a Runners Up or a Round Prize.
14. In the event that the Grand Prize winner has legal residence/domicile in one of the territories listed in Appendix 1, then they shall win the vehicle listed in the Contest prize description.
15. In the event that the Grand Prize winner does not reside in one of the territories listed in Appendix 1, but does reside in one of the countries listed here: http://store.fifa.com/where-we-ship.html then that Participant shall instead win a USD 5,000 voucher for FIFA’s e-commerce store (store.fifa.com). The e-commerce voucher will only be valid until 31 December 2014.
16. A list of prizes is available on the Contest website. Any prizes pictured in Contest materials are for illustration purposes only. Actual prizes may vary from any pictured prize. FIFA shall not be responsible for any costs or expenses not expressly mentioned in the Prize section. FIFA reserves the right to make, at its sole discretion, changes to the list of prizes.
17. By participating in the Contest you agree that FIFA, its bodies, officers, agents, employees, volunteers, sponsors and any other entity or person acting on their behalf have (to the fullest extent permissible by law) no liability whatsoever for any injuries, deaths, losses, or damages of any kind resulting from participation in this Contest or from acceptance, possession, or use of any prize. Participants acknowledge and agree that FIFA, unless explicitly agreed otherwise, does not make, nor is in any manner responsible for any warranty, representations, guarantees, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the quality, conditions, fitness, or merchantability of any aspects of the prizes. By taking part in the Contest, the Participants, to the extent permitted by law, waive any and all claims and their right to present any legal claim or lawsuit against FIFA and fully and unconditionally indemnify and hold harmless FIFA from any liability arising out of or in relation to any and all personal injuries or deaths, losses and/or damages of any kind to the Participants or prize winners themselves or any other person or property which (directly or indirectly) result from or are in any way connected to: (i) the participation of the Participants in the Contest; (ii) the participation of the winners in an event in connection with the Contest resulting from the prize; (iii) any incidents occurring during or in connection with such a prize-related event; and (iv) any act or omission of any agent or auxiliary person of the Participants/winners (including but not limited to organisers and/or operators of the winners’ travel to and/or from any accommodation), regardless of how any injury or death, loss or damage may have occurred, through negligence or otherwise. For purposes of the above waiver, release of liability and indemnification, the term “FIFA” includes FIFA, its bodies, officers, agents, employees, volunteers, sponsors and any other entity or person acting on their behalf.
18. Application constitutes permission for FIFA and any third party authorised by FIFA to use the names and image of Participant at its sole discretion including for publicity purposes. By participating in the Contest, each Participant explicitly agrees to use of his/her name and image, if this is required by FIFA. Upon request, a Participant shall submit to FIFA a photo for publication and/or publicity purposes.
19. Any and all rights in relation to the Contest are the sole and exclusive property of FIFA. No information or data may be reproduced in any format or used in any way without the prior written consent of FIFA. FIFA shall be entitled to withhold consent at its sole discretion.
20. The Contest is not open to employees of FIFA (and/or any employee of associated companies of FIFA), their relatives, agents or agents' relatives or any employees of companies involved in the development or support of the Contest website.
21. FIFA reserves the right to introduce new facilities to enhance the Contest. Details of such introductions will be published on the Contest website and will amend or vary these Terms and Conditions and take effect from the date upon which such details are published on the Website.
22. FIFA may, at its sole discretion, suspend a Participant, disqualify any application or vary, amend or waive the Rules and/or the Terms and Conditions at any time or cancel the Contest at any time in the event of circumstances arising beyond FIFA's control or which make it desirable to do so. The Participants agree that no liability shall attach to FIFA as a result thereof and that the exercise of such discretion shall not result in any compensation being payable or paid to any Participant or other person.
23. FIFA is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any e-mail or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including without limitation any injury or damage to a Participant's or any other person's computer or mobile device related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in relation to the Contest. By participating in the Contest, you agree that no claim relating to any such (or any other) loss, damage or injury (including without limitation special, indirect or consequential losses) shall be asserted against FIFA, its parent companies, sponsors, affiliates, directors, officers, employees or agents.
24. FIFA’s decision in connection with any aspect of the Contest shall be final and binding and enforceable.
25. Winners will be selected in accordance with the method stipulated in the rules from Participants which comply with these Terms and Conditions.
26. If you communicate with FIFA by e-mail, you should note that the security of Internet e-mail is uncertain. By sending sensitive or confidential e-mail messages which are not encrypted you accept the risks of such uncertainty and possible lack of confidentiality over the Internet.
27. FIFA reserves the right to take any decision in relation to any matter whatsoever in connection with the Contest. No correspondence shall be entered into with any Participant. Each Participant warrants to fully comply with and to adhere to any decision taken by FIFA.
28. Participation in the Contest does not create a contractual relationship with FIFA.
29. Any legal dispute between you and FIFA in relation to the Contest and/or the Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Switzerland. Place of jurisdiction shall be Zurich Switzerland. FIFA shall also be at liberty to enforce its rights and to take legal action in any competent court of your domicile.
30. These Terms and Conditions have been drafted in English and translated into other languages (including French, German and Spanish) and are available on the Website. The Participant acknowledges and agrees that he/she has read and understood these Terms and Conditions and that he/she is fully aware of the rights and obligations arising therefrom. In the event of any discrepancy between the English and translated texts, the English text shall be used to resolve any doubts arising in respect of interpretation and/or application.
31. No purchase is necessary in order to participate in the Contest. Participants are entitled to cancel at any time their membership of the “FIFA.com Club”, their newsletter subscription and any other relationship with FIFA entered into through participation in the Contest, either by clicking on the cancellation link at the end of the newsletter or via the website FIFA.com. FIFA has the right to discontinue or modify such services at any time.
32. FIFA shall not be responsible for the payment of any taxes, shipping fees, import/export duties or the like and these will be the sole responsibility of the winner (regardless of the prize in question).
33. In the event that the Grand Prize winner has legal residence/domicile in one of the territories listed in Appendix 1, and shall therefore be eligible to win the vehicle listed in the Contest prize description, such vehicle must remain within the ownership of such Grand Prize winner for a minimum of six (6) months before such Grand Prize winner is eligible to transfer ownership.
34. The Grand Prize winner agrees to make themselves available for any handover ceremonies or press conferences associated with the delivery of the Grand Prize.
AFGHANISTAN, ALBANIA, ALGERIA, ANGOLA, ANTIGUA, ARGENTINA, ARMENIA, ARUBA, AUSTRALIA, AUSTRIA, AZERBAIJAN, BAHAMAS, BAHRAIN, BANGLADESH, BARBADOS, BELARUS, BELGIUM, BHUTAN, BOLIVIA, BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA, BOTSWANA, BRAZIL, BRUNEI, BULGARIA, CAMBODIA, CAMEROON, CANADA, CANARY IS., CHILE, CHINA, COLOMBIA, CONGO, COSTA RICA, CROATIA, CUBA, CYPRUS, CZECH REPUBLIC, DENMARK, ECUADOR, EGYPT, EL SALVADOR, ESTONIA, ETHIOPIA, FIJI, FINLAND, FRANCE, GABON, GAMBIA, GEORGIA, GERMANY, GHANA, GREECE, GUAM, GUATEMALA, GUYANA, HAITI, HONDURAS, HONG KONG, HUNGARY, INDONESIA, IRAN, IRAQ, IRELAND, ISLAND, ISRAEL, ITALY, IVORY COAST, JAMAICA, JORDAN, KAZAKHSTAN, KENYA, KUWAIT, KYRGYZSTAN, LAOS, LATVIA, LEBANON, LIBERIA, LIBYA, LITHUANIA, MACAU, MACEDONIA, MADAGASCAR, MALAWI, MALAYSIA, MALTA, MARSHALL ISLANDS, MAURITIUS, MICRONESIA, MOLDOVA, MONGOLIA, MONTENEGRO, MOROCCO, MOZAMBIQUE, MYANMAR, NEPAL, NETHERLANDS, NEW CALEDONIA, NEW ZEALAND, NICARAGUA, NIGERIA, NORWAY, OMAN, PAKISTAN, PALAU, PALESTINE, PANAMA, PARAGUAY, PERU, PHILIPPINES, POLAND, POLYNESIA, PORTUGAL, PUERTO RICO, QATAR, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC, ROMANIA, RUSSIA, SAIPAN, SAUDI ARABIA, SENEGAL, SERBIA, SEYCHELLES, SINGAPORE, SLOVAKIA, SLOVENIA, SOLOMON ISLANDS, SOUTH AFRICA, SPAIN, SRI LANKA, ST. LUCIA, ST. MARTIN, SUDAN, SURINAM, SWAZILAND, SWEDEN, SWITZERLAND, SYRIA, TAIWAN, TAJIKISTAN, TANZANIA, THAILAND, TOGO, TONGA, TRINIDAD & TOBAGO, TUNISIA, TURKEY, UAE, UGANDA, UNITED KINGDOM, UKRAINE, URUGUAY, USA, UZBEKISTAN, VANUATU, VENEZUELA, VIETNAM, WESTERN SAMOA, YEMEN, ZAMBIA, ZIMBABWE.